Tuesday, May 22, 2007

...lala's whirlwind adventure!

i spent the last week and a half on a whirlwind trip. on thursday (5/10) i went out to the bay area so that i could head to orange county with my mom and joanne on friday. we went down for my baby shower which was just amazing. it was so great to catch up with friends i have not seen in a while and to feel pampered and loved. aunt ev and kim went all out for the event and not only were the decorations beautiful and games fun...but everything really reflected me and my personality (and that made me feel really special). our little baby was spoiled with a lot of wonderful gifts (including 5 or more firefighter rubber duckies)! i will be posting pictures of the party in the next few days- along with pictures from aaron's fire academy graduation. on sunday we celebrated our moms with some shopping and dinner...the weather in southern california was perfect! my mom, joanne and i left on monday and met up with natalie and kirsten for a wonderful dinner in san luis obispo before getting home late to pleasanton that night. i spent the next couple of days home with my parents and even got to see drew and his girlfriend ellen. my dad had eye surgery to correct a detached retina...fun stuff. i'm glad to report that he has a clean bill of health and the eye doctor is optimistic that his eye will be okay. then on thursday (5/17) we were off for vegas. i got home yesterday and have not slept this much in a long time. aaron got home from a long shift this morning and is actually still sleeping. we are looking forward to spending the next two days together- the time a part was not ideal- but my whirlwind trip was well worth it!

2 comments:

ailie said...

Laura, it was so fun to see you at your shower. You are as beautiful as ever!

Ryan and Emma said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your baby shower, it's one of those really special moments in life, one you will remember forever.... August is going to be here before you know it!